Q: How can funds be withdrawn directly from my account?
A: Only with your authorization via your electronic signature. No one can deduct money from your account automatically unless you specifically authorize it.

Q: Are electronic contributions risky?
A: No. An electronic contribution is safer than writing a check; it can not be lost, stolen or destroyed in the mail. All Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) transactions are governed by strict national rules and guidelines. Over four billion EFT transactions are processed annually in the United States.

Q: When would this automatic contribution be taken from my account?
A: On the signup screens, you can specify whether you want your contribution made one time, in which case the donation would be made from your account on the next business day, or on a recurring basis. You can set up monthly recurring transactions to be made on the 15th of each month. When the 15th falls on a weekend or holiday, the transaction will occur on the next banking day.

Q: Can I try out the service by giving one time?
A: Yes. You may try Online giving by selecting “One Time” in the frequency drop down box in the signup process. You will see how easy and efficient the process really is.

Q: If I do not write checks, how do I keep my checkbook balance straight?
A: Your contribution is made on a pre-established day, so you can deduct it from your check record then.

Q: How can I keep a record of the amount I have contributed?
A: Your bank statement will include an itemized list of automatic gifts given from your account. SIM USA will continue to provide you with a personal receipt for your tax records.

Q: What if I change banks, accounts or want to change the amount of my contribution?
A: You can change your giving choices at any time through the “Give Support” page accessed through the home web page.

Q: Is there any charge to me from my bank to give online?
A: No. Electronic fund transfers carry no bank fees.

Q: Whom do I talk to if I have more questions?
A: Please contact the USA Receipting Department at (800) 521-6449; they will be glad to answer any other questions you may have.